The Importance of Patient Engagement in Health Care Delivery
Patient Engagement is rapidly gaining importance in the healthcare industry nowadays. It is an accepted measure that ensure better outcomes for all treatments and therapy and is especially useful for treating chronic ailments, both mental and physical.
Here’s how it can have an immediate impact:
Copyright © 2016 talkaDoc
1. Hibbard JH, Greene J. What the evidence shows about patient activation: better health outcomes and care experiences; fewer data on costs. Health Aff (Millwood). 2013;32(2):207-14.
2. Greene J, Hibbard JH, Sacks R, Overton V, Parrotta CD. When patient activation levels change, health outcomes and costs change, too. Health Aff (Millwood). 2015;34(3):431-7.
3. “Health Policy Brief: Patient Engagement,” Health Affairs, February 14, 2013.
4. Oshima lee E, Emanuel EJ. Shared decision making to improve care and reduce costs. N Engl J Med. 2013;368(1):6-8.
5. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General (JEP: General) (Vol. 130, No. 3)